Thursday, July 12, 2012

Here we go again.....maybe!

Got some potentially bad news today.

I had an ultrasound on my leg to check out the clot and the stents, and all seemed well when I left. They let me leave, which is always a good sign, since one of the last ones resulted in an 8 day hospital stay with 6 procedures including a major surgery. I was feeling pretty good after the appointment, then my Dr called me.....the clot hasn't changed, which is good, but there is a problem with the artery now. She said that there is an increase in the blood flow pressure in my external iliac artery. She described it like the difference between a large river which runs slow and steady and a small stream which runs faster and with more force...evidently my artery, which should run slow and steady, has become the small stream indicating a possible problem. When I asked what the problem could be she said it could be nothing, but that a new clot or some other obstruction could be possible. She has ordered an urgent MRI to see what the issue is.

Now I am scared to death! After some research there seem to be two potential options, one is plaque build up in the artery creating a more narrow channel for the blood to pass through. The other is an iliac aneurysm which would do the same thing to the artery. Either option would require more procedures, most likely surgery.......again! Even more frightening is both options are potentially life threatening!

I hope that the MRI is soon and that it shows nothing wrong, but I am not holding my breath, my track record I the health department is less than stellar! I just don't know how much more I can take!!!!

Just pray all goes well and keep me in your thoughts...I am trying not to worry my family until I know what's going on, so if you read this please keep it to yourself for now! Thank you and Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment